- In the first quarter of 2019, the Indian tech startup ecosystem recorded a total funding of $3.42 Bn across 174 deals.
- These included Ola ($502 Mn), FirstCry ($396 Mn), Delhivery ($350 Mn), CarDekho ($110 Mn) and PhonePe ($107 Mn).
- In our latest report, "Indian Tech Startup Funding Report: Q1 2019" we have highlighted the major trends which were observed across stages and sectors in the Q1 2019 in the Indian startup ecosystem.
- For startups that received bridge funding, the total funding amount in Q1 2019 stood at $28 Mn, which is only 3.63% higher than the amount recorded in Q1 2018 ($27 Mn), but 184% higher than the $9.86 Mn from Q4 2018.
- In the case of growth stage investments, the top funded ventures were Phonepe, which secured $107 Mn from its parent company Flipkart, followed by Ola Electric which received a total investment of $56 Mn from Sachin Bansal.
Indian Tech Startup Funding Q1 2019: Funding Peaks For Growth Stage Startups, Down For Ecommerce
1 May 2019 3:52 AM GMT