- At the same time, the skill gaming vs gambling debate was also being played out between online gaming companies and the Indian legal system.
- Prior to founding Junglee Games, Gera ran a digital advertising agency - Monsoon - for almost 10 years which got acquired by Capital One in July 2015.
- Once a proof of concept was ready and piloted in San Francisco, Gera launched Junglee Games in India in August 2012.
- "In September 2012, the Supreme Court cleared the guidelines for online gaming and legalised skill-based real money gaming in India, making us one of the first movers to offer cash prizes to the users.
- The three key segments of online gaming are – real money games (RMG), mobile-centric/casual games and e-sports.
- "From all of Google Play, take every single game, add up revenue of every single game [in India], but still, it will be a lot less than what one successful game makes in the US.
Junglee Games Gears Up To Become India’s Next Online Gaming Unicorn
1 May 2019 12:34 AM GMT